Today, BitPay shares part one of a series giving young people an inside look at what it’s like to intern with us at BitPay.
Dear OKCoin users,
OKCoin was founded based on a commitment to providing our users the best product, technology, and trading experience. Over the past few years, we have received frequent requests to launch a variety of digital assets on our exchange. Our stance, as a sophisticated digital asset trading platform that serves millions of users around the world, has always been to be prudent about adding new digital assets that have not been fully tested by the market.
Recently, OKCoin users have taken interest in the development of Ethereum (ETH) and Ethereum Classic (ETC), and there is an increasing demand for OKCoin to enable ETH and ETC trading. For the past two years, we have been constantly reviewing the viability of listing ETH and ETC based on factors including technical maturity, innovation, market liquidity, and compliance.
Today, we are formally launching ETH on the OKCoin exchange. Ethereum has a current circulation of 90 million, with ETH reaching a market cap in excess of USD 10 billion, and a total hashrate of more than 25K GB. Hundreds of applications are now built on Ethereum and a growing number of applications are using smart contracts run on the Ethereum blockchain.
More than 20 top global financial institutions and technology companies, including JPMorgan Chase, CME Group, BNY Mellon, Thomson Reuters, Microsoft, Intel, and Accenture, have set up the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) to define enterprise-grade applications of Ethereum. China’s Tencent, Zhong An Insurance and other well-known companies are also investigating various applications of blockchain. The United Nations has just launched its first large-scale Ethereum test to distribute humanitarian funds.
Given this opportunity, we implore BTC Core developers and relevant Miners to work together and resolve any outstanding technical issues, activate SegWit, and solve BTC’s scaling issues. Our industry and the history of technology offers us many warnings, whether it’s the IE browser or the Nokia mobile phone. No matter how dominant, how much market share you have, if you do not adopt the latest technology and fail to constantly improve on the core user value proposition, time will pass you by. Ultimately, digital asset exchanges around the world can only advocate for the best technology and aim to provide the best trading experience for our clients.
OKCoin will officially enable Ethereum (ETH) deposit and withdrawal services on 22:00, May 31. ETH trading services will be officially available on 12:00, June 1.
We pride ourselves on excellent product and quality customer service. We at OKCoin look forward to continuing to provide you with the best trading products and services.
OKCoin International: +852 – 58085767
2017 – 5 – 30
OKCoin Intl. to focus on becoming a regulated global fiat-blockchain asset trading platform offering spot and margin trading.
OKCoin launches OKEx.com for global blockchain asset trading
OKCoin Intl. to discontinue futures activity on OKCoin.com on May 30, 2017 and help migrate users to OKEx.com
As part of our efforts to build the best suite of trading products and services for the fast emerging digital asset class,OKCoin International (Intl.) will launch a new blockchain asset-only exchange called OKEx. OKCoin will continue to facilitate fiat currency based access to blockchain assets; however, the OKCoin.com site will be down from 14:00 – 17:00, May 30, 2017 (UTC+8) for maintenance.
During the past few years, we have taken the journey with the support of you – our customers all around the globe. We look forward to continuing to service millions of users as we endeavor to deliver leading edge innovations, technologies and trading products.
During the switchover from 14:00 – 17:00, May 30, 2017 (UTC+8), the OKCoin.com platform will be inaccessible. We will launch a new platform OKEx – www.okex.com, under which futures will be traded on after the migration.
Post migration, the below changes will take effect.
1. Bitcoin and Litecoin futures trading will no longer be available on OKCoin.com. Bitcoin and Litecoin contracts will trade on www.OKEx.com.
2. Your OKCoin.com account credentials will be usable to login to OKEX.
3. All trading balances in your futures account, open positions and open orders will migrate to OKEx.com. OKCoin.com spot account balances will remain on OKCoin.com for BTC/USD trading.
4. Accounts on OKCoin Intl. and OKEx will be independent from each other. Deposit and withdrawals will be carried out separately.
5. OKEx will provide 0 confirmation for any blockchain asset transfers to OKCoin addresses.
6. OKCoin will provide 0 confirmation for any blockchain asset transfers to OKEx addresses.
7. To all API users, please change the REST API URL from www.okcoin.com to www.okex.com, WebSocket API URL from real.okcoin.com to real.okex.com, FIX API URL from fix.okcoin.com to fix.okex.com. ATTENTION: Users of WebSocket API and FIX API need to prepare the code before 14:00, May 30, 2017 (UTC+8), and change the URL at 17:00. REST API users please complete the URL change before 00:00, June 2, 2017 (UTC+8). Afterwards, only spot trading API will be supported on www.okcoin.com.
8. This migration will not affect your account balance and security.
9. We will pre-launch our mobile app due to the advance time App Store and Android Store needs to review. Therefore, during the first 5 days after ver. 2.1.7 is released, please go to the OKEx tab and log on to your OKCoin International account to trade futures, and go to the OKCoin Intl. tab to fund your account. Nevertheless, we would recommend updating the app after the migration so that no adjustment needs to be made to trade on both OKCoin International and OKEx.
10. This migration will not affect www.bihang.com
11. Migration may be delayed in the event of extreme price volatility or other unforeseen circumstances. We will release an announcement with detailed information if needed.
Please feel free to contact our 24/7 support if you have any questions.
OKCoin Bihang: 400-888-6636
OKCoin International & OKEx: +852-58085767
Coinfloor is a custodian of client bitcoins and we believe that we must set the industry standard for transparency and regular audits. Without proper public accountability, the industry will not be able to grow and mature. This is why we are committed to releasing a Provable Solvency Report every month. Coinfloor is proud to have the longest standing track record among bitcoin exchanges in regards to auditing.
Today we are publishing our 38th monthly Provable Solvency Report with step-by-step validation instructions for your convenience.
As of today, Coinfloor holds a total of 6,749.3719 XBT on behalf of our clients. You are invited to verify that your held bitcoins are included in this balance by following the instructions below.
What does the Provable Solvency Report include?
We started out by creating an obfuscated report of all current client balances (the Solvency Report) and then generated a SHA-256 hash of this report.
We then created a bitcoin transaction to ourselves, that includes all currently held client bitcoins, for a value of 7,134.0917 XBT and included in the output script the OP_RETURN of the SHA-256 hash of the report, proving that at the time of making the solvency report, Coinfloor held all of our clients’ XBT funds. You can verify the amount and details of the transaction on the blockchain.
Key Pieces of information:
Provable Solvency Report #38 (May 24, 2017):
SHA-256 Hash of the Provable Solvency Report: c66dcdde432206d1701c94a0afdb0ac8ec174d892ab3e696a40988633e2132a5
Transaction ID: f2633bdac628c594f6176775d9bc920ab18a49e73f26e02f28ce6df24dac5777
View the transaction here:
Your API authentication cookie:
You will find it in My Account > Dashboard in the Coinfloor signed in view, in the API section (visible only for fully verified accounts).
Instructions for Validating Solvency Report:
- 1. Open the Provable Solvency Report file:
- 2. Go to
http://www.xorbin.com/tools/sha256-hash-calculator or to your SHA256sum calculating application.
- Copy the entire contents of the solvency report into the SHA-256 generator and calculate the SHA-256 hash of the report.
- 3. Go to
- At the bottom of the page, in the Output Scripts section, you will find the generated hash in the OP_RETURN output script of the transaction that includes all customer bitcoins.
- 4. Go to
your local SHA1sum application
- to calculate the SHA-1 digest of a message consisting of the timestamp shown at the top of the Solvency Report (1495633504) and your API authentication cookie.
- Example (Linux):
- timestamp: 1495633504
- API authentication cookie (API Key): 9BTa7M0Z/Mrk6tFMJwEkTV3BQek=
- command: echo -n ‘14956335049BTa7M0Z/Mrk6tFMJwEkTV3BQek=’ | sha1sum
- 5. Find the resulting hash in the solvency report. Your balance is shown on that line in satoshi units. 1 bitcoin = 100 000 000 satoshis. For your convenience, here is a link to a bitcoin unit converter:
We believe that this approach is the best way to achieve maximum accountability while retaining privacy for our clients. We welcome your feedback and hope that in time, other exchanges will also help safeguard client funds by providing proof of solvency reports to their users on regular basis.
Thank you for your trust,
By working with a greater number of exchanges across different countries to list XRP, we can better serve the growing demand for global payments in both major currency corridors and emerging markets.
The post XRP Liquidity to Deepen with Listings on Six New Exchanges appeared first on Ripple.
We are permanently removing that uncertainty by committing to place 55 billion XRP into a cryptographically-secured escrow account by the end of 2017.
The post Ripple to Place 55 Billion XRP in Escrow to Ensure Certainty of Total XRP Supply appeared first on Ripple.